May 06, 2011

Book Blurb Friday - 05/06/11

It's time again to create a book blurb - based on a picture. Lisa from Writing in the Buff is our hostess with the mostest. Our photo today is courtesy of Becky Povich.


Catch Me If You Can: A Memoir
by Bessie Pleiosaur


It's not easy being a legend. But at least I don't have it as bad as my cousin across the pond. Nessie has to worry about sub-standard papparazzi taking blurry, grainy photos (which are not at all flattering to her).

I'm lucky I live in the US. Nobody knows about me. I have this lake to myself. And I'm careful - I only swim after dark, when I'm sure that nosy people won't be around. Sure, it's a lonely life, but it's mine.

Learn about Bessie's life of anonymity. Includes twelve pages of secret grotto photos.


"A crytozoology tour de force!" - Bigfoot


"Get a first-creature view of life on the lam. I couldn't put it down!" - Yeti


"You'll laugh until you cry when you read about Bessie's unique methods of avoiding detection. The CIA should come to her to be schooled on covert operations." - Charlie Chupacabra


13 comments:

  1. Delightful! What a fun take on the piccie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, this is so funny! Great idea! Lol.

    Thanks for making me smile.

    Have a great Mother's Day,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Bigfoot says it all, and with far better vocabulary than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny take! And you even have comments from Bigfoot-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...this is freaking awesome, JFC! Did you giggle yourself silly while writing it? The comments at the end are priceless. OMG. I'm going to be laughing the rest of the night. And you're to blame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a genius! I'm always curious about what wacky take you'll have for a photo and this was one of your best yet. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up with your names! Funny blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love Nessie and I'm sure I'd love her cousin, too. Great comments from Yeti and Bigfoot. (In British Columbia there's a bigfoot named Sasquatch, which is such a lovely name.)
    By the way, did I ever tell you I like your Margaret Atwood quote? Well, I do, and I remember wastebaskets, and carbon paper, and the vocalizing that goes with the use thereof.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  9. JFC,
    I loved the comments by Bigfoot and Yeti - too, too funny! (I'll have to google Charlie Chupacabra!) LOL!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fun blurb, and I love the review comments at the end. I guess being a lake monster isn't all it's cracked up to be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny, Miss June! And I had to Google Charlie C, also, like Ms. Daisy above! Where did you ever hear about him??!! Fabulous blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. heheh that was funny. I love it, love the reviewing comments too!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. June---Bessie IS indeed luckier (and obviously more clever) than Nessie. I love your take on the photo...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!