May 13, 2011

Book Blurb Friday - 05/13/11

Lisa Ricard Claro of Writing in the Buff is our hostess today, and every Friday. Our task?

Based on the photo (supplied today by Lynn Obermoeller), write a book jacket blurb (150 words or less) so enticing that potential readers would feel compelled to buy the book.


Henry Ford: Light Years Ahead

Henry Ford's legacy as an automobile manufacturer is legendary. His implementation of the assembly line is still in use by auto manufacturing worldwide. Where did this genius get his ideas?

Contrary to public opinion, it wasn't in Detroit, the city he put on the map. Henry's final destination might have been Detroit, but he learned manufacturing on Edsel, a planet on the far edge of The Milky Way. 

This expose’ uncovers the fact that the Model T was the world’s first teleported import. 

You’ll learn about Ford’s childhood on Edsel, where he was designing vehicles while he was still a young boy. When Edselian authorities recognized his prowess, they started a chain of events that changed life as we know it, on both sides of our galaxy.

Read the true story of this country’s first illegal alien. Includes fictitious long birth certificate form and alien photos.
 


13 comments:

  1. June---Great idea. Ford an illegal alien? Would our citizens slobber so to prove him an "alien," given his genius?

    I love the sci-fi direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha you took me in all directions, and just when I thought I knew what you were up to, you made me belly laugh. Witty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL You pulled me in and then spun me around. This is great! I never saw the alien thing coming; what a creative switch-up. I love how you qualify him as the first illegal alien. Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who'd have thunk it? This made me laugh - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative piece here.I like your imagative plot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi June,

    This is an awesome take on the photo; I never would have thought of doing that in a million lightyears, lol.

    It sounds very plausible to me, and I would love reading this story and seeing ll the photos of young Henry on his home planet.

    Take care,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first I was like, "Huh. This seems very un June like in its seriousness and nod to history." Then things got more like I expected. Fantastic twist! Only you could make this an alien story!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Henry Ford as an alien? LOL! What a blurb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really clever - making Henry Ford from the planet Edsel! Too funny! I, too, went in the sci-fi direction this week - we are thinking alike!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Edsel" — what a perfect name for a faraway planet. Great story idea.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this is thinking outside of the galaxy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! And I would totally buy the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!