May 21, 2011

Did I Act This Silly at Their Age?

Granddaughter Desi and her besties, Brittany and Jessica, are spending the night here. Brittany and Jessica are now my new grandkids, as they all call me Grandma.

Desi, Jessica, Brittany on a prior shopping trip (sporting new sunglasses)
It's been decades since I had teenage girls having a sleepover at my house. I'd forgotten how much fun it could be.

We were awash in estrogen-fueled excitement and adolescent giggling. They were "wired" - using the computer (FB and Skype), and iPods and cell phones. 


They make me feel so OLD out of touch, gadgetwise.

Jessica and Desi
You can NEVER have too many bathroom mirror pics.

Brittany and Jessica


Don't be fooled by Brittany's innocent face in that pic. Her primary goal is to torment The Mister (a girl after my own heart).

And Jessica? You know you gotta watch the quiet ones...She doesn't fool me -  she's likely plotting a revolt in her head.

Desi made a Bieber-themed cake (and too much purple frosting was used on the embellishments, so part of the cake was naked):


Scary movies on Netflix provided additional entertainment - as well as Richard Simmons and Sweatin' to the Oldies (Desi thinks the striped shorts-clad exercise guru rocks!).

I always thought that it was called a sleepover because any thought of sleep is over...we'll see how it works out.

5 comments:

  1. I remember those days. My daughter and her girlfriend giggled all night. Got on my last nerve. Sounds like your girls had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleepovers take me days to recuperate. I sleep with one eye open...just in case. Looks like a fun group of girls. Hope everyone had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time and I hope you have some alone time coming afterwards to regroup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun. I'm enjoying my oldest granddaughter getting older and wanting to do more grown up things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the best grandmother EVER!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!