May 21, 2011

Saturday Centus - 05/21/11 The Beginning of the End

Jenny Matlock, the Saturday Centus maven (and extraordinary painter of garage sale furniture), has allowed Donna from Dazee Dreamer to provide today's prompt (appearing below, in bold text).

Remember, we have just 100 additional words with which to craft a story (or pen a poem). Here's my submission:

The Beginning of the End
Deidre wandered through the abandoned mansion, her heels echoing on the marble floors in the foyer. To her left was a well-appointed living room; to the right, a library with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves. 

She walked up the sweeping staircase to the bedrooms above. Ah, the master suite! It was gorgeous! An expensive comforter covered the king-sized bed.

She browsed through the clothes hanging in the walk-in closet – stylish fashions (in her size, what luck!).

She giggled with glee when she entered the master bath. The reflection in the mirror smiled back.

“I’m so glad I wasn’t swept up in the rapture! Now this is all MINE!”

14 comments:

  1. Horray! I'm happy for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I have a rapture one too. I had to work it in because my teenage son gave me the last line of my post just this morning. Great minds think alike. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a wake-up call for many people who would rather have their material possessions here on earth than to have eternity in heaven with the God!
    This was wonderful! I am so glad you came up with it! You rock!!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. heehee

    Maybe the rapture doesn't quite live up to its billing after all...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very good job. Loved it. and so what I would do if this whole rapture thing had turned out like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! So when is the next rapture scheduled? October?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a twist at the end you naughty clever girl! Really loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This piece makes me happy. I want to celebrate with her. Nicely done, June.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be the silver lining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great....and happy endings are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL... I still think the rapture happened, those who were meant to go did & the rest of us are left here to deal with life until the end of the world in Oct... LOL... and in the meantime I live with the monkeys in Oingo Boingo land too so who am I to say:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...as long as I wasn't raptured it's nice to know I am in good company! Loved your timely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got mine written too late to post BUT I never even thought of the rapture. Guess I was too busy partying since it was the end of the world! ha!

    What a neat use of the prompt. Really clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!