May 05, 2011

Someone's Takin' My Stuff

I use Google Alert to see when my blog name is cited.

Yes, I am that vain.

Good thing, that.


The Google Alert, not the vanity.

Today's email message showed that a recent post of mine was on Twitter Feed...I clicked the link and see that my post (without attribution to me, nor permission from me, BTW) is on another site.

Have you had that happen to you? What do you do, besides say bad words and get annoyed?

I guess part of me should be flattered that they liked what I wrote, but still...it's MINE.

What do I do now?

4 comments:

  1. first pout a copyright on your blog somewhere, you can even set it to appear on every post. If you had that you have more legal ground to stand on as far as plagarism. Otherwise I would confront the person who used it and request they at least give me credit, if they don't you can email the host for which they blog and give proof it is a copy of your work and they can make them remove it if they don't remove it theirself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, June! I've never had that happen to me, and I do check myself on google every now and then, too. I agree with the above comment that you should post a copyright thing on your blog (you can copy and paste mine if you like)..and depending on where it's posted...that would have a lot to do with my next step. Send me an e-mail if ya want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well geez! That SUCKS! Hope you get it straightened out.


    I think I need to sign up for these alerts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I've heard of this. May be I should take steps to protect myself as well. I don't understand how people can do this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!