June 29, 2011

I Can Feel the Love

It's been a grandmotherly kind of time here at the Cleaver compound.

As previously promised, I have a picture of the elusive Eli blowing out candles on his birthday cake. He's SIX!



The Boy got to meet Baby Russ, his newest nephew, before he headed off to camp for a week (and I get to sleep soundly and enjoy the quiet). Here's a pic of the two of them getting acquainted:

 
And finally, I got a lovely letter in the mail from Jordyn. She sent me some beautiful hearts...and she wants to be my pen pal! I've already responded to her letter, and printed out some stationery online, so she can pick out what kind I should send to her.

Here's what she sent:



Her letter reads: I <3 you and miss you. Maybe we can right (sic) letters to ech (sic) other.
To Grandma Kim From Jordyn.

I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about - like the fact that she has a new boyfriend named Arnez - and she's only seven. He's an older man of eight or nine. "It is not old", she typed (on Mommy's Facebook chat). She's "in love".


I thought Justin Bieber was her boyfriend. Shows what I know.

She broke up with the first boyfriend because "he wasn't funny".

Geesh...already?

Grandkids are the BEST!

8 comments:

  1. Awww....all of this is so sweet. Love the photo of The Boy with his new nephew! Ohhh, enjoy those quiet times and sleeping in!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart girl, a sense of humor is a very important quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Enjoy the silence this week!

    I used to have boyfriends at 7 -- the boys just didn't know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandkid float my boat, too. Eight year old Nick has a new girlfriend every other week. They should have never let him wath Hogh School Musical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had an awesome week of grandkid love! I honestly can't wait to be a grandma! :-) I want to spoil my grandkids then send them home! Just like my parents do to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha. good reason to break up. she needs to stick to that mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet - and nice pics too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!