July 28, 2011

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop - Bossy Bosses and the People They Boss


The prompt I chose this week:

Write a post where the first and last sentence contain any form of the word “boss.”


The Mister is quite bossy
He thinks that he's in charge
He's always telling me what to do
The lists he makes are large


He's actually a pretty good husband
And together, we have loads of fun
But where did he get the notion
That he is number ONE?

I read the lists, I make some notes
Pondering my daily chores
I mutter "A vagina
isn't a prerequisite for cleaning kitchen floors"


The list today says 'pay the bills'
Tomorrow? 'Do the wash,
Mow the grass, clean the tub
For dinner? Paprikash!'


Usually, I just smile sweetly
Roll my eyes and say, "We'll see"
But the actual phrase running through my head 
is You're not the BOSS of me!

8 comments:

  1. "A vagina isn't a prerequisite for cleaning kitchen floors" That is my new line. I'm totally stealing that. I'm not kidding!! You. Are. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I literally laughed out loud at my desk. These people already think I'm crazy, so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love.

    My favorite is the line, "I mutter "A vagina
    isn't a prerequisite for cleaning kitchen floors" I'm going to mention that to my husband. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful and so true. It reminds me of My Big Fat Greek Wedding when the mother says something like... The man may think he is the head of the household but the woman is the neck and she can turn the head which ever way she likes. Ha ha. What did your husband think of your poem? :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is hilarious! And I just love the word "Paprikash!". Tell the Boss...that he already has two balls and if he gets one more.. he strikes out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have a gift for these funny types of poems. As usual, I love this ... especially the vagina/floor part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE it. The last line is a classic. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! Years ago, I started a new job and, of course, found files and folders the previous employee hadn't purged. In one file, I found a three-paged single-spaced set of instructions he had typed out for his wife to get through her day and the amount of time it took each activity! I kid you not. Maybe she needed help getting organized; but, there wasn't a single minute on that list that allowed for rests, lunch, or just visiting with someone. You would have had to have seen it to believe it. This poem is a much more gentle approach. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!