July 09, 2011

Saturday Centus - 07/09/11


Visit Jenny Matlock for Saturday Centus rules and to check out all the great submissions!

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
While pulling out from the commuter parking lot, a young woman approaches. I estimate her age at mid-twenties.

“Mister, can I hitch a ride to the next exit?” she asks, smiling. Dressed in jeans and a T-shirt, her hair is pulled back into a ponytail. Her skin is almost as white as the cross trainers on her feet, like she doesn’t spend much time outdoors. 

“Sure, get in.” I wonder what her story is.

As we approach the exit ramp, I see a large yellow sign.

And the sign read “Hitchhikers may be escaping inmates”.

Just my luck.

16 comments:

  1. Not good! (The situation.)

    VERY good. (The Centus.)

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see those signs while traveling, I always speed up a little! Great take on the prompt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sign! Reminds me of the one-armed mental patient who escaped and left his prosthetic hook hand on the door handle of the car! Great job!

    Noexcuses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now that would be quite the sign to see ... wonderful take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. I loved this. . And I can so see how you almost used the words from that song on here. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I could just see the sweat popping out on his face. Great take, wonderful twist.

    Namaste.........cj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, and very clever! Loved it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOA!!! no,no,no!! You just tripped me over the edge of reality. Super job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And that's what you'd call a very big....Oppps.
    A great Saturday Centus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! What to do! Kind of in a tough spot there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always come up with the craftiest twist! Bravo!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. Russell Finn is adorable!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good one, we live near a prison, it makes me wonder sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOOOO No! You made me laugh. Good job. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. JFC! I've missed reading your work! It feels like forever since I've been able to do blog visits!

    I was thinking...vampire.

    You smacked me in the forehead with the ending.

    Really cool.

    Well, not the smacking part but the writing part.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!