August 16, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It's finally happened. Silence reigns in the Cleaver Compound. I have regained power, and all without mounting a bloody coup.


NO Animaniacs cartoons!


NO maniacal laughter!


NO endless Youtube videos!


NO constant litany of "Hey, Mom, you gotta come see this T-shirt/video/DVD/game"!


The Boy starts his Sophomore year TODAY!


Can I get a big AMEN?


We didn't do much school shopping, and I totally forgot to buy the tube socks:




And here's a video to help you celebrate the season!




If you have a hankerin' to come in and scarf down all the yummy foodstuffs we have accumulated, I'd suggest showing up between 7:15am and 3:30 pm, because I will NOT be on kitchen and refrigerator guard duty!


I might be napping.


Just be smarter than The Boy kind and don't put all the wrappers and empty bottles under the couch, or between the cushions, okay?


The Boy is not the most clever food thief...


He leaves (pretty obvious) clues that lead to his eventual detection.


I hope he never works on the sneaky skills, or I'm doomed.


Now I can do what I want, when I want, without worrying that he's running amok. 


It's tough living with a 200-pound toddler.


And the worst part of today? After about 1pm, I'll begin to miss him and the craziness.


I'll start watching the clock and calculate how long it will be until he returns.


How sick is that?


I think I'm in need of serious, intensive therapy.


Maybe I'll call that therapist...after my nap.




5 comments:

  1. I hope you didn't see the crumbs I left on the floor. You were snoring wildly while I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For God's sake, take a nap before you do anything! So happy for your peace and quiet.

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  3. well deserved peace and quiet, amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you! We still have 2.5 weeks to go! ARGH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...you miss him already! I can tell! But I hope you get some naps anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!