August 06, 2011

Saturday Centus - 08/06/11 - You Are My Sunshine

Jenny Matlock's thrown us another curve ball today for Saturday Centus. Sure, she provided the prompt (appearing below, in bold text), but she's limited us to fifty (50) additional words. Then, as a way to appease us she's add two new things: a picture may include your submission; and best of all, your submission qualifies you to have a chance at winning a lovely decorative sign (click the link, appearing above, to see what it looks like).


As a natural-born scofflaw, all of these rules and restrictions makes my head swim a bit...but I'll try my best to be compliant...just this once.


My name is Eddy. I am seven years old.

Nobody loves me. I get blamed for everything. It's not fair!

I even have to beg for food and water. Why is my life so hard?
I was sad until you came.
You are my sunshine, my bestest friend.

zzZZzzzZzz
Image source


Now, time for my nap.








16 comments:

  1. awwww, love that cute little Eddy. How's life? I miss your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwe ... such an adorable photo ... i'm sure eddie is loved by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I hope there is a real Eddie soaking up your love and Mr. Sunshine too!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! Well done for keeping to the rules ( I know it goes against your grain!) Love the picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I can't imagine Eddie having to beg for anything:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eddy looks like the kind of fellow who pretty much has his own way. This is wonderful!

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cats are, as I write this, crashed out where the sun usually is on our floor. But it's cloudy, so I'm taking their actions as acts of faith! I like your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh June. You drew at my heartstrings. That was beautiful, and somehow captures my feelings while growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a cat, but my dog children are soooo spoiled. They have no idea just how great their lives are!!! Wonderful take on the prompt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, shoot. Eddie deserves better!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so wonderful and well written !

    I still miss 2 my angle kitties that I adopted over 15 years ago. They were my sweet companions and friends for 14 years !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I should have seen the cat coming. I was like "What???? What horrible orphan story is this?"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww! I love cats! What a cute picture of poor, lonely Eddie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So well written! Perfect! Sara Cat would approve.
    Best wishes,
    Anna
    Sanna's Sunshine SC Wk 66

    Here is Sara Cat's blog post for "P":
    P is for Presents - Sara Cat AT-rd-3-P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww...awwww...JFC! You are just such a renegade....which is why we all adore you!

    This was the sweetest link this week. I shall whisper that fact into Mr. Random Org's ear in the hopes that he hears me...alas, he tends to be a bit hard of hearing, though.

    Thanks for the smile.

    You are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!