September 18, 2011

No Solace in My Lamentations

Four times now
In the name of justice
Hearings, punishment, probation
He's not far
And I keen in the missing of him
He'll return, somewhat damaged
This time, looking anxious and sunburned
Stinging of mace 'round his eyes,
fingers tingling from pepper
Twenty minutes to assess frame of mind
Two hugs permitted
When seventy-two hours have gone,
he'll arrive shackled and shuffling
Looking back for my smile
Our life altered by a robed figure sitting above us
Confident in superiority
as we nervously finger seams
Awaiting judgment
knowing that we have just begun

5 comments:

  1. OH sweetie I am so sorry you are having to go through this as well as he.. hang on it can get better I promise..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope and pray you will have a judge who will take into account the boy's medical condition. It's tough for you and your son right now. I hope life levels out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things turn around for you... just sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sending you love and support. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pain and realities of your life with The Boy are so eloquently expressed in this poem. I hope the robed figure has mercy and realize what a long hard road you've been traveling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!