September 03, 2011

Saturday Centus - 09/03/11 - Luncheon is Served

Please visit all the great submissions at Jenny Matlock's place! The prompt, as always, appears below, in bold text.


Motherhood is Risky

When will Evan sleep through the night? Here it is, barely noon, and I’m ready to drop!


Even little Megan looked tired. “Come on, honey, let’s put you down for your nap. When you get up, Mommy will play restaurant with you.” Megan grabbed her blanket and followed Sarah to her room.

“Ah, now I can take a little nap on the couch. I just need an hour…” Sarah fell into a deep and dreamy sleep. Megan, now a lovely young lady (“so pretty!”) was cooking lunch.

What kind of a pizza is this?”, Sarah gagged.

Sarah opened her eyes and realized she was chewing…



13 comments:

  1. Ha ha funny She must have really been exhausted to eat playdough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never, never ever, close your eyes on the kids!!!:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I could feel your fatigue. I used to hide the Play Doh at my house!

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could see this happening!! Is this inpsired by real life?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute story and I love the little play dough pizza party set.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh. too funny. I felt that fatigued today. It could have happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ewwwww...eating Playdoh! I certainly know of the walking while sleeping stage, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! At least she got in a nap!

    no excuses

    ReplyDelete
  9. have you ever tasted that stuff? it's nasty!!! oh and i can so relate ... lucky for me those days are long passed ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol very clever there with the ending. Enjoyed that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is always by far the best pizza ever! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. JFC! You are brilliant! I just adore your writing and wit.

    Such a clever take on this prompt.

    You never, ever, ever disappoint.

    I am a fan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!