September 18, 2011

Update on My Preview of Hell

Police involvement...again.


The Boy took off for parts unknown. 


No belt in his jeans, holding up his pants.


He was chased down by the authorities.


He resisted. He got maced.


In the car, he kicked out the patrol car window.


He's now a guest of the county juvenile detention facility. He won't be released until he can be seen by a judge, so tomorrow is the earliest he can come home.


And then more fun will ensue, I am sure.


I just got a call from the local hospital, asking me to give them permission to treat him. I don't know what injuries he may have, they're going to call back after he's assessed.


UPDATE:
I got to talk to him on the phone. He wants to plead insanity. He wants to go to the hospital. He wants me to bail him out.


He's on a 72-hour hold, so the earliest he would be released is Thursday. I got to visit for 20 minutes. His face is red (near his eyes) from the mace, and his hand is tingly from it.


He has marks on his wrists (from the cuffs, I assume). He is sorry, and sad, and really, really anxious.


He doesn't want me to call the school because "they'll be afraid of me", he says.


He wants to call the public defender we used last time, and go to the hospital.


When he gets back home (assuming he comes home), he wants to stay at home for all of eternity, so he doesn't "screw everything up again".


Talk about your cruel and unusual punishment...

7 comments:

  1. wow So sorry to hear this. I went through the same thing with my first son. Although he does not have special needs like yours (he has ADHD and anti-social disorder) He spent almost a year in a juvenile detention center (school)and a year in foster care (with a relative) several months in a group home and has been in jail several times after turning 18. If you ever need to talk just send me an email krzi1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim, I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I hope he calms down and you can sleep tonight. My prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez...you need an all expense paid vacation to an island somewhere and FAST. I can't imagine what a nightmare this is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so so sorry. It sounded like he was doing so good at the new school. I had high hopes that he was going to do so much better. I'm so sorry. Words fail me. I wish there was something I could do for you. Sending you hugs and good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man. that is so so sad to me. It is sad that it has to come to this. He's also a growing boy, so their meds have to watched and changed all the time. I have a friend that has a son with severe bi-polar disorder and there was many times she had to call the cops. It seems like now that he is older and not growing anymore, he has done a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH how I hated puberty for Doug. Same situations and mainly because his meds no longer worked due to growth and hormonal changes. Praying for you both.. bless his heart the come downs for them are always the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry you are going through this. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!