October 07, 2011

Book Blurb Friday - 10/07/11

Lisa Ricard Claro provides the forum, her readers provide the photo. 


The task? From the photo, write a book jacket blurb (of no more than 150 words) that will compel a reader to buy the book.


Link up and read all of the great submissions! Today's photo is courtesy of Kathy Matthews.




Always Looking Up: My Quest to Explore America
by Andrew Mulligan


Andrew Mulligan is not your average twenty-six year old man. From early childhood, he wanted to be an explorer and world traveler. After a freak diving accident left him paralyzed from the neck down at age fifteen, he still saw no reason to give up his dreams.


Learn how Andrew (with the help of two caregivers) traveled from the East coast to the West in his motorized wheelchair. Andrew helped to raise $100,000 for spinal cord rejuvenation research. Hampered by muscle cramps, his caregiver would retrieve a gurney from the rescue vehicle and Andrew would lie down as his caregiver pushed him along. 


The twenty pages of stunning photographs were taken using a camera that operated with a switch that Andrew pressed with his tongue.


While you read, you'll be cheering for Andrew's success - and celebrating his positive attitude.


"Inspirational! I'll never say 'I quit' again!" - Sarah Palin




10 comments:

  1. What an amazing guy! Great review! I'll definitely check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Kim - would love to see all the photos. This would be a book I'd purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! This sounds like it is a true story that has already happened. You cracked me up with Sarah's quote.

    Have a great weekend,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly appreciate it when, a human is willing to go on despite challenges. Without trying, how could Andrew know? And everything is not measured in success and failure. But so important are the two caregivers, who stay by Andrew. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kathy--sounds like a true story! Either way, it's a great take and very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could anyone NOT want to read this book? Taking pictures with his tongue? That's dedication. I'm already standing in line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really need to do this for a living. your blurbs would make me want to pick up every book that you've done this for. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like an awe inspiring story and I'm sure I'd enjoy reading it. I'd enjoy the photos as well, although I have to admit that mental image of someone taking pictures with their tongue was a bit creepy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you come up with this stuff?? Seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!