October 14, 2011

Book Blurb Friday - 10/14/11

Follow along with Lisa Ricard Claro and visit all the links! This week's photographic inspiration is provided by Lynn Obermoeller.



Spiritual Secrets to Personal Success: The Anasazi Tribal Guide
by Alison Kachina and Heywood Jagowith

Alison Kachina was so ready for her vacation. Eleven months of the year, she toiled in the library stacks at the University of Connecticut. She painstakingly planned out every detail of her annual adventure, desperate to find the secrets of her Native American cliff-dwelling ancestors.

Little did she know that on her travels to Anasazi ruins in New Mexico, she’d stumble upon artifacts that would change her world. Deep within the kiva at Chetro Ketl, Alison, aided by peyote, experienced a spiritual awakening, causing her to be revered as a spiritual guide throughout the Southwest.

Let Alison Kachina’s aura fill your life with promise, and let her teach you enlightenment from the great Native American Pueblo tribe.



8 comments:

  1. Oh, lovely. Spiritual awakenings are wonderful. Not sure how I'd feel about being revered, however, so better Alison than me.
    I'd definitely buy this book, Kim.

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is awesome. It sounds as if you really know what you are talking about. Great writing! I would love to read this book.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a librarian on a spiritual awakening and with adventure...sounds good to me! Got to watch those bookish women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you tossed in the "aided by peyote" part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that happened to me once, too, in college. Except no one revered me. Hee hee. Liked your spiritual and creative take on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, right up my alley. And your names, how do you come up with those? Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so I giggled at the peyote. (I know, I'm like a 5-year-old sometimes. It can't be helped.) But I agree with Kathy M.---you really do sound like you know what you're talking about. This is a great take on the pic. (And Russell Finn is commanding my attention, so I keep getting distracted. Geez, he's adorable!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!