October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo - Apparently, I Will Most Likely Die Trying (and only you can save me)

I registered for NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. I agreed to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November - a mere 1,667 words a day.


Is there such a thing as 'registered member's remorse'?


So, if being chained to the laptop for thirty days wasn't enough, I further cooked my goose by checking out the Vitality Compass.


And discovered that my goose is cooked.


Based on my poor eating and lifestyle habits, obesity and lack of exercise, I should be dead already. My body has the biological age of 74 years...and I should die at age 54.


I am 54 right now.


So most likely, if NaNoWriMo doesn't kill me, I am as good as dead anyway.


This information causes the procrastinator in me to want to chuck this whole novel-writing idea, and spend my last remaining moments on earth in something stress-free - like spending time with my family.


You may now assume I am delusional, as well as being a glutton for punishment.


I won't be blogging much in November (assuming I'm still breathing and all), as I will be agonizing over how to write complete and utter crap each day...that isn't in blog form.


I have three stories rolling around in my brain, not sure which one will be the death of me. 


How 'bout if I let YOU decide?


Should my novel be a:


Heartbreaking story of a little girl, and how she overcomes her past
Snarky pop culture story, but with criminal intent
Sinister murder plot; dealing with social outcasts


Pick one, add it to your comment. And in your comment, tell me YOUR biological age (according to the Vitality Compass), and how old you'll be when you die.


That way, if my attempt at a novel really, really sucks (and it most likely will), I'll have more than myself to blame it on...and can update my planner to remind me to hang out near the pearly gates so I'll be sure to run into you in the afterlife.

7 comments:

  1. I can't decide between 1 or 3. I'm a sucker for either stories.

    Biological age according to VC is 40. (Ouch, actually 5 yrs younger!) Expect to make it till 69.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,
    I'm doing NaNo too - look me up as oberwriter. We'll be buds and encourage one another. I did that life thing and it's says I'm 53.5 which is weird because it hit it almost exact. I'll be 54 in two more months. I should live to be 84? I think. Doesn't mean my brain will be around :-). And I vote for Number 1. But you have to write what you're passionate about. It's going to be FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "sinister murder plot". I think I am signing up today. What are people drawn to touch the flame to see if it is hot. lol.. good luck,,here we go,,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. It says I am 39.6 yrs (I just turned 42!) Says my expectancy is 86.6 yrs.

    I vote sinister murder plot; dealing with social outcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently I'm like a 64-year-old in a 41-year-old body. Eeeeeek!!

    I like #3...maybe it's the Halloween season, but I'm in the mood for murder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @glnroz I believe the word you're looking for is masochist. :)

    I vote for murder as well, and it has more to do with being stuck at a shopping mall all day than Halloween.

    And...

    I turned 31 in June.
    It says I'm 31.8
    and will live 'til 79.1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! I go for story number 3. That "sinister" insertion did it for me.
    Can I skip the Vitality Compass? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!