November 23, 2011

This is Where I Say I'm Thankful and Stuff

It's the day before Thanksgiving, when we take time to ponder all people/things for which we are grateful.


I'm thankful for all of the usual reasons: A home, abundant food, relatively good health. I'm grateful for The Mister (he'd be annoyed if he wasn't first in my list) children and grandchildren, for extended family.


Since last year, we welcomed baby Russ into the family, and said farewell to my mom. I am thankful that her death was quick, and that she didn't suffer for an extended period of time.


I'm thankful for my friends, even those who nominated me (and then had the audacity to vote) for president of my writers' group in the coming year.


I'm thankful for the many freedoms I enjoy.


I'm really thankful for The Boy's school.


Drugs - I'm awfully thankful for them. They usually keep The Boy manageable.


I'm grateful for the doctors and therapist that helps The Boy. May his psychiatrist be cured of her cancer, so that she can enjoy her own children, and still have the energy to care for mine.


The Internet - oh yes, I'm thankful for the information superhighway. It's how I get my news, my kicks and get to write my blog, and read and interact with other blogs/bloggers.


Coke Zero, you are my nectar. Don't ever leave me.


Libraries and books and my Kindle (which I really shouldn't be thankful for until Christmas, since it's supposed to be my gift) - thanks for being there for me. You educate and entertain me. You keep me from letting my mind wander into dark places as I sit in waiting rooms or in my car outside of stores and office buildings in my roles as patient, chauffeur or passenger.


I'm grateful that I have housekeeping appliances that make dreaded domestic duties easier. May you never break down and need costly repairs until you are obsolete - so we can replace you with new models.


Chocolate, that dark brown manna from the gods Hershey, Lindt and Mars. May you always be available in stores to satisfy my cravings.


I've been exceptionally thankful for The Mister's job, and the fact that his contract was extended numerous times. Unfortunately, he will finish his assignment on December 22.


Oh, how I'll miss you, wifely vacations.


Daily housework? You and I need to get reacquainted. 


Internet, don't let me down now. All three of us will be home, most of the time - may all of our wireless connections function without fail, and may The Boy's headset continue to work, so I don't have to listen to the crap he finds on Youtube.


As we venture into the annual season of overindulging and conspicuous consumption, may we all have safe travels and be left with a feeling of gratitude and wonder for all of the magnificent things that we have right now, and look toward what our future brings.


May your family enjoy each other's company and take the time to reflect upon all that is good in your lives.


And let the little kids have the wishbone...it's the right thing to do.

7 comments:

  1. Again, my eyes behold a gem at 5:00 a.m. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, and may your hubby find another job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a quiet and peaceful Thanksgiving hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kim! Love your attitude of gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post … espeically the last line!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! I didn't know you had it in you! (just kiddin'!) I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was your Thanksgiving nice, calm and full of fab food?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!