December 02, 2011

Book Blurb Friday - 12/02/11

Lisa Ricard Claro, still Writing in the Buff, is hopefully rested up from the rigors of NaNoWriMo. Today, she is back at the helm of Book Blurb Friday.


Because I am just naturally disobedient, I decided to do TWO blurbs today.


Our pictorial inspiration is from Sandra Davies of Lines of Communication.






Driven to the Drink
by Henry Morgan, Captain, USN, Ret.



It all started on the Aloha deck. A band of happy tourists offered an off-duty Captain Henry Morgan a rum and Coke. Previously a teetotaler, the captain found that he had a taste for alcohol. Soon he was belly to the bar every time his shift ended. At port of calls, he smuggled liters of rum into his quarters; even when he was on duty, he was in an alcoholic-induced haze.

It was smooth sailing for Henry – until the night he was discovered sleeping it off in one of the cruise ship’s lifeboats – when he should have been at the helm. Now hopelessly lost at sea, Captain Morgan literally needed to get his bearings and set his ship, and his life, on the right course.

Henry Morgan’s story of determination upon the high seas will float your boat! - Gavin McLeod

I’ll never drink a Margarita again! - Jimmy Buffett



Murder at the Marina
by May Day



It’s not unusual for Oakhaven Yacht Club members to host lavish dinner parties on their boats while local fisherman watch from their dinghies. Catered affairs complete with string quartets enable the guests to indulge in all manner of food, drink and illicit drugs. It’s common knowledge that the yacht club is a prime location for gamblers, drug smugglers and other ne’er-do-wells.

When a wealthy socialite shows up dead at Oakhaven Marina, her death is ruled as an accidental drowning. The investigation changes course when a yacht is found drifting seaward, and harbor police discover several dead bodies aboard.

Were the deaths simply a case of overindulgence, or something more sinister? Read as Detective Polney unravels the secrets of Oakhaven’s elite, and sifts through the motivations and jealousies held by all who work and play on Crystal Bay.

5 comments:

  1. I'd definitely buy your second book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,

    Great job on doing two; I enjoyed them both. How will the captain get back on course; and who killed all of those people?

    Have a great weekend,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You overachiver you! I think I'd go for the first book … I like silly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd buy your second in a heartbeat. I'm a sucker for a mystery, murder combo. Writing two blurbs is quite impressive. My hat is off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TWO blurbs! Yikes. I have trouble dreaming up just one. Love the first. It cracked me up, especially the quotes at the end. LOL The second would make a terrific mystery/suspense. I do hope there's some romance in there, too, because I'm a sucker for the heart stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!