December 30, 2011

Book Blurb Friday - 12/30/11 Come On, Sit Down and Read a Spell

Lisa Ricard Claro is hosting the final Book Blurb Friday of 2011 today. Kay Davies has supplied our book cover picture which is our inspiration. Just add up to 150 words, and you have an instant book blurb! Be sure to click the link for Lisa's blog to see all the submissions.






Porch Swings and Honeysuckle Wine
by Adrianna Govero



Mavis Detwiler was a statistic: fifty, unemployed, single and needing rescue. Mavis’ country cousin, Frieda Smithton, urges Mavis to visit her in Gobbler’s Gulch to forget about her problems. Eager to escape her situation, Mavis packs her bags and loads up the trunk of her Miata for the summer of her life.

Who knew that getting off the grid could cure what ails you?

Gobbler’s Gulch is the small town that time forgot. And its mix of folk, from friendly and eccentric to downright cantankerous, may make you wish you lived there. When Mavis meets Clint Speckman, the county’s only mortician – she stops dead in her tracks (which is one surefire way to get any man's attention).

Join Mavis as she learns about forgiveness, and the importance of forgiving herself, while swingin’ on the porch swing and sippin’ Frieda’s honeysuckle wine.



7 comments:

  1. Delightful, Kim! Wonderful title and a sweet, old-fashioned plot. I once lived in a town like Gobbler's Gulch, so I'd want to buy this book to meet the people there.
    Happy New Year!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kim, this is wonderful, I love it. Of course I will buy it; please write it.

    God bless,
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did that take? I love it! Oh, crisscross applesauce is the old sitting "Indian Style".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like something Fannie Flagg would write, and I love Fannie Flagg! (Fried Green Tomatoes) The cast of characters sounds entertaining and eccentric, and I know I'd love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kim, I LOVE it! Lisa took the words right out of my mouth, too. The minute I read Mavis Detwiler, I thought....Fannie Flagg!! Have you read any of her books? I have three or four I'd be happy to loan you! Fabulous blurb, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck … I would like to get into this book!

    Wishing you a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me want to grab a glass of wine and settle in a comfy chair for a nice long read. You write it, I'll read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!