December 12, 2011

Saturday Centus - 12/10/11 Not As Advertised

Jenny Matlock has returned to her senses - she's back to a normal prompt (appearing below, in bold text); the word limit has been restored to a respectable 100.


Oh, still no smut, but all in all, a welcome reprieve from the craziness she's displayed in recent weeks!


Unfortunately, I am resistant to change (or maybe I'm just plain disobedient) - I could not get my entry down to the 100 word limit...and I'm not one bit sorry for it.


Okay, maybe I'm a wee bit sorry...but I'm not changing a single word!


Ch-ch-ch Changes!

George was desperately trying to line up a date for New Year's Eve. Ah, Danielle Forrester! We had been Prom King and Queen in 2006 – right before we broke up.

Yes! I'll give Danielle a call. Mom said that she had moved back in with her folks to recover from some cosmetic surgery. Wow, I wonder if she got that nose fixed. What a honker! 

Danielle answered on the second ring.

"Hello, Danielle? This is George. Merry Christmas! How have you been?"

"Hello, George." Danielle's voice sounded huskier - George hoped she didn't have a cold. "Why are you calling me?"

Hearing the curt tone in her voice, George said, “Come on, Danielle, it doesn't have to be that way. I was hoping we could get together over the holidays."

"No, George. I can't. And, George? I'm Daniel now."

George dropped the phone with a clunk.

6 comments:

  1. Kim, this is just sooooo clever! One never knows, does one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! ya just never know .... i enjoyed your centus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, Kim, Kim!

    I loved this!

    You woke me up and made me laugh!

    I'm so glad I took a break from packing to finish reading this week of SC!

    I loved your surprise here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!