January 05, 2012

Mr. De Mille, I'm Ready for My Closeup

Today is Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop! The prompt I chose this week:






Your life is being turned into a movie...who will play your cast of characters?












What a timely prompt! I might as well let the cat out of the bag!


Coming soon to a theater near you, the harrowing yet heartwarming tale of Kim and her band of (not so) merry men!




Too Cheap to Pay a Decent Wage Productions presents...








Starring Kathy Bates as Kim,










Brian Dennehy as The Mister,










and Erik Per Sullivan (Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle fame) as The Boy.






Directed by Hambriento Peligro, the guy who wanted to be the director of Eating Raoul


These actors are perfectly cast for these roles. 


If you've seen Kathy Bates in Misery, you know she can do batshit crazy like nobody's business. What better actress than she to portray my frequent mood swings? I bet she can stop The Boy's constant refrigerator raiding!


Just read her trademark (according to imdb.com):


"Often portrays kind-hearted or cold-hearted characters" - that means that she can handle my mood swings. Let me tell you, that's sayin' something.


Brian Dennehy has a take-charge attitude just like The Mister (not that it does him any good living here).


Dennehy's trademark, "Playing men of power who in addition to being corrupt, are just plain mean" (according to imdb.com), assures that he'll be able to play The Mister perfectly.



Erik per Sullivan was the delightfully wacky Dewey on 'Malcolm in the Middle'. Now if he can ratchet that wackiness up full-throttle, he should be able to portray The Boy in all his glory.


I just know it will be a blockbuster hit! In fact, in previews, here's what some reviewers have said about The Teenager Always Eats Twice:


"Bates has a field day with her role, creating a quirky, memorable object of hate."


"Horrifying tale with deserved Oscar performance by Kathy Bates."


"The darker tone, somber subtext, and generally non-exploitative violence allow viewers to enjoy the film not only as an action/thriller but as something with a degree of intelligence and substance."


"Even though it's rather corny and sentimental, this colourful comedy-drama holds our interest mainly because it's about a subject we'd never imagine watching a film about."


What's not to like? Get to your local theater to see why The Teenager Always Eats Twice! 


15 comments:

  1. Great job on this assignment, definitely an A+. Love the pictures and research you did for this. Well done!

    I chose the simple prompt to share my resolutions: http://www.zemeks.blogspot.com/2012/01/6-new-years-resolutions-writers.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed the actors! Can't wait to see the flick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so freakin' creative. I am so jealous. I think you've done an awesome job of casting. Maybe you could get a job in Hollywood? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose the same prompt but you did your sooooooo much better. I like the pictures of your actores compared to the one of your family, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you picked really good close Hollywood look-alikes! I'm impressed! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That was awesome. My husband who loves movies could have done it. Love Kathy Bates. We share alma mater's

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am giggling so very hard. Where's the script? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have preschool that loves to eat twice too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post! Now I wish I had chosen that prompt... but then again, my life story would be as annoyingly boring as watching water boil!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd pay money to see that. And both Bates and Dennehy are excellent actors, so sure Oscar nods would be headed their way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg, your characters are SPOT ON!!!!

    I Can't wait for the movie to come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow … Brilliant casting job!! Freaky almost!! This as so so fun … I totally loved it. You ROCKED this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Methinks like minds think alike. I toyed with Kathy Bates starring in a flick about moi. But in your case, you're in much better shape! Hope 2012 holds all you wish for, and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely a spot on! I love Kathy Bates too, she definitely does crazy like no one's biz! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great casting, love your argument on why Kathy Bates is perfect for the role :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!