February 13, 2012

Did You Miss Me? I Miss You! And You, Over There? Not Missing You So Much!

I've been a bad, bad blogger. Negligent in my duties. I've missed reading blogs and leaving comments. I get inspiration from all of you...don't go away, I'll be back.


This freelance stuff is kickin' my butt. I have thirty (yes, 30) 800-word articles to research and write by the end of the month.


I've wanted to post about lots of things, but the initial idea soon flies from head. Some of it is dark and depressing (mostly about The Boy's continual struggles at home) or whiny (simply because I feel like being a big sissy); I don't want to be known as a gloomy Gertrude, or a drama queen. 


I've purchased a program to help me deal with my out-of-control kid, yet have no time to read it yet. I have a psychiatrist-imposed deadline; three weeks to come up with a plan for what happens to The Boy in crisis, or she won't see him anymore.


That would mean no drugs...that just cannot happen.


And the shrink is dropping The Boy's insurance in April, so if I don't switch to another plan, then she won't see him anyway.


So I either have to find a new psychiatrist (no easy feat, there aren't many) who takes his insurance, OR find a new pediatrician/family doctor who takes his insurance.


I know 16 is kinda old for a pediatrician, but do GPs really know anything about bipolar and Asperger's?  Ahh, more stuff to figure out.


And I only have ten more days of my wifely vacation - and then The Mister will be laid off, and my eighteen months of nearly-perpetual slackerdom comes to an end.


I can only imagine how The Mister's constant presence will affect The Boy's attitude (scary for me to even think about).


Come on in, EXPECTATIONS. I can't say I've missed you. You and DOMESTIC RESPONSIBILITIES can just climb on my shoulders...damn, you're heavier than I remember. And you, CONFLICT - try to keep it down, will you?




7 comments:

  1. I have missed you but totally understand that you have to do the stuff that will make you money.

    What is it that all these helpful doctors are retiring or dropping insurance. It's just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I was just getting ready to e-mail you to see if everything was OK. It is unlike you to be so quiet for so long. Sounds like your usual pressure cooker. Good luck with dealing with everything … you have (as always) a rather full plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie you seriously need to check into getting him on disability. That will cover him medically and medicinally. Period. Having been through all of this myself I totally get it. take your time we will be here..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I wish you enough peace and patience and strength to make it through. Is your boy on social security? You can get him help through the state, then. I canonly imagine what you are going through. Prayers headed heavenward for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little stinker (my fun pet name for both people and pets) - sending love waves your way as I don't know what else to do. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you have a lot about to happen. I say my pediatrician until I was 18- so it happens :)

    I hope you are able to get everything worked out for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Insurance is a bitch, itsn't it? Hope it all works out for you and your son.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!