February 20, 2012

Succinctly Yours - 02/20/12 In the News

Thanks to Grandma's Goulash for hosting "Succinctly Yours", where you get an opportunity to create a story of 140 characters (or 140 words) from a single photographic prompt. As an added bonus, try to use the word "revolution" in your story.


Today's pic:





Advertising Age
The Gap unveils its revolutionary “Jeans for the Depends Generation” ads targeting Baby Boomers who purchase “Mom jeans” and elastic-waisted “buffet pants”. 

All Around Town
Annie McDonald leads the Madison, Wisconsin “No Less than Literal” Society’s outing as they demonstrate the word “Streetwalker”.





10 comments:

  1. Oh, my--Russell Finn really IS growing. He's adorable.

    Great microfiction. Thanks for the chuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ones, Kim. But I almost forgot to read them because I was looking at Russell Finn. What a doll, and he's getting so big!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both hilarious, Kim. I laughed out loud at elastic-waisted “buffet pants” and also the literal streetwalkers. A great duo of microfiction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Russell is a cutie, Kim!
    Leave it to the Gap to come up with 'revolutionary' jeans.
    I am glad that Annie can lead the Streetwalkers. They all seem to be ambling on.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a handsome grandson you have there and I love his name!

    Loved the second story, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good use of the Gap bag. I wish they really did make jeans for my crowd. lol Enjoyed "No Less Than Literal" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your brain is always engaged. How is it going on the home front?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!