March 12, 2012

First, the Rationalizations...Then the Resolution

This is my 800th post. How the heck did that happen?


I go back and re-read my blog from time to time - I don't even remember writing most of it. Some posts make me laugh, some take me back to the event that I've told about, other make me cringe for their openness or awkwardness. And now it's all out here on the interwebs, for everyone to read.


Shudder


A few times lately, I'll think I have what is an awesome idea for a new post, only to search on my blog and discover I've written about that already.


The long term memory is failing...will dementia be far behind?


If I can write 800 blog posts, surely I can finish these fifty freelance articles by the end of March. Let's see - 50 articles x 800 words - that's darn near half a novel a month.


The freelance job, when combined with caring for the 16-year old toddler, and my penchant for procrastination, takes up all of my time; I don't write for me anymore. I'm the president of our local writers' group this year - and haven't written anything that moves me. 


I send encouraging emails to our members, and have suggested writing prompts we can do during meetings...and I sit there, uninspired.


I keep learning about contests and anthologies that are looking for submissions...and haven't even attempted to tackle one of these challenges.


What a fine example I'm setting.


Enough whining about poor me. Here's a quick update on what's going on here:


The Boy is still on thin ice at home, behavior-wise.


The Mister got his contract extended for ten more weeks, so my wifely vacations continue!


Can I get an amen?


Baby Russ is crawling!


We got a second car, so I am mobile. The Mister likes the car, too, and has driven it as much as I have. He hated my old car, drove it only once or twice in three years...and that was to the shop for repairs.


Even though I am not writing much here, or anywhere (other than articles about automobiles), I haven't forgotten about all of you.


I still read your posts when time permits. I may not always comment, but know that I am reading, and thinking, of you.


Thanks for being there.


I'll be back in form someday, hopefully it will be soon. I need this, it's good for my soul.


As that womanizing pig, Arnold Schwarzenegger, said, "I'll be back".


Just wait and see!


I'll be living my adventure-filled** life so I'll have lots to write about...


right after I finish these fifty articles.


I hope you'll be here to read all about it!


**Disclaimer: 'Adventure-filled' does not literally mean 'filled with adventures'. In my case, it means that I'll be providing my sick and twisted view on things, big and small. Your mileage may vary. Any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with this contract shall be determined by the appointment of a single arbitrator to be agreed between the parties, or failing agreement within fourteen days, after either party has given to the other a written request to concur in the appointment of an arbitrator, by an arbitrator to be appointed by the President or a Vice President of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.




6 comments:

  1. bwhhaha at the legal disclaimer at the bottom. I totally understand hun. I have been there a few times in my blogging life. It sucks but at the same time it makes us aware that we don't HAVE to have anything to say every day.. you take care of you and the boy. I know how hard that can be..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grandbaby is getting so big. dang.

    And here is a big ole AMEN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Kim! I went through that same "not writing" thing when I was president of our group. Must go with the territory...not enough time...not enough interest...I really don't know! I think of you and the other bloggers I've been away from, too. Gosh...who knows...maybe we'll all start actually calling each other and talking on the phone once in a while?! *Gasp*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you check in and let us know you are doing OK from time to time. I always get worried when I don't hear from you in awhile. You've got quite a full plate so I can totally see why blogging is taking a back seat. If I had to write 50 articles, I don't think I'd still have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lucky to get one article out by the end of the month - so 50? What are you crazy? How do you even have time to do anything else?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!