March 03, 2012

Saturday Centus - 03/03/12

Jenny Matlock presents today's challenge: Using 100 words (not counting the prompt, which appears below in bold text), craft a story. You may add pictures, if you desire.

I used the Jenny-supplied picture:


Happy Childhood Nannies - A Commitment of Care
(NOT found on their promotional materials)

These kids are driving her crazy,
Their demands are constant and loud.
Just when she thinks she’s regained some control,
They create new chaos – faces looking so proud!

Steam coming from her ears, her hair standing on end,
She reaches her breaking point, and feels her mind snap.
She hides in the corner and prays for assistance,
Calls  911 for help, “I can’t take all this crap!

Saying goodbye was harder than she thought,
Despite being giddy to leave all the racket.
She couldn’t raise her arms to wave her farewell,
Wrapped as she was in the sturdy straitjacket.


15 comments:

  1. That ending is hilarious (and I have so totally been there...tee-hee) Great job, try as I might, I've never been able to produce a good poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny and a great take on the prompt! We all went through this, didn't we? Although, nobody sent me to the "home".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no say it isn't so! But I sure do know the feeling of a day like that! Very nice use of saying goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly caught the pathos of the moment and then put a funny moment to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny.
    Have you seen a film with Emma Thompson and Colin Firth called Nanny McPhee? I think you might like it.
    Best wishes,
    Anna
    Goodbye Pierre - SCwk 96

    ReplyDelete
  6. "They're coming to take her away'!" I'm surprised she's lasted that long with steam coming out of her ears!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny! Having 6 children of my own, I can totally relate! lol ;)

    Best wishes,
    Melody
    MerrieMelody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. heehee

    ...and then again, not altogether funny when you've been there!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've felt that way on occasion! Very fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tee hee. This is great. Clever use of the prompt in a physical sense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! That's such a hoot!!! Do they still use straitjackets, I wonder????

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, there's been many a day when I thought I was close to one of those jackets myself.

    Today being one of them!

    Thanks for the laugh.

    You have such a fun way of looking at things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!