June 24, 2012

Saturday Centus 06/24/12 - Costco Blues

Visit Jenny Matlock for all of the amazing submissions. Using a maximum of 100 words, create a bit of writing that includes Jenny's prompt (appearing below, in bold text).






Courtesy of LizaWasHere, Creative Commons Flickr


Costco Blues

As I waited in line
Buying a bottle of 409,
A spool of twine
And a case of superb white wine
Lying in front of me, supine
The little moppet’s tears did shine
I grimaced and opined
It’s an amusing little whine,
with a sound almost bovine.
But I’m afraid I’ll have to decline.
Mom, have you no spine?
Awfully glad he isn’t mine.”
And I left.

10 comments:

  1. I always feel so bad when I see a little one throwing a temper tantrum in the store. It brings back not so fond memories, ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there ought to be a reason why I shouldn't laugh at this but I can't think of one right now. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! I think I'll share this with Ella Numera Dos. She fits this profile to a "T"! Well, she's grown out of it, but Dos was my child who threw herself on the ground at every opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice rhym, Viki. Poor little tyke! I aways let my my kids know that I don't ever want to see my grandkids being dragged around the malls and stores crying.

    My advice to them, "When your kids start to cry or even look like crying, just stop and have some ice cream with them."
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. All hail the poetic genius of Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes matters worse when the mother starts smacking the kid around to get him to shut up. I have no tolerance for that, and am not afraid to speak up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sometimes i just want to smack some of those mothers ...
    and that was a wonderful little poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, I totally and completely loved this!

    The final line was just sublime.

    Ummm...

    Okay.

    I'll just leave it at, 'GREAT WRITING HERE!'

    Have a fabulous 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!