August 15, 2012

Goody, Goody!

The Boy starts his Junior year of high school today (can I get a big AMEN?). Although we did go shopping for school clothes and supplies, and visited the barber for a haircut, it seems like a non-event this year. Perhaps it's because I've been seeing a child of mine through this 'first day at an educational facility' ritual (or taking them to daycare) for decades? Who knew that when I first took a shy three-year old Shannon to Happy Tots Preschool in 1979, I'd still be celebrating these "firsts" into the second decade of the 21st century?

Damn, no wonder it's lost a bit of its luster.

In other good news, THE MISTER GOT A JOB OFFER YESTERDAY!

After just three (3) weeks of being unemployed, he got a new contract - and will start work on Monday...

when I will have the entire day to myself again, as the god of chronic unemployment has intended.

Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Mine started back last week. I totally get the non event feeling. How many first day pics can one mom have?? Congrats to hubby on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! And SUPER AMEN!!! Good things comes in threes so I hope you get one more awesome thing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky duck for The Mister. Congrats. 2 more years. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!