September 10, 2012

The Spin Cycle

Leaning against the dryer
waiting for the washer to stop its spinning
like waiting for the world to let me off
as if it were a carnival ride
Our lives in constant motion, bombarded with swirling images
Pundits slant the news, politicians promise much and deliver little
Children minimize their bad behavior, their diagnoses to blame
The planets always in alignment, gravity keeping us all upright
and rooted to the ground, lest we go careening off on our own orbit
Effortless and random, bodies - earthly and otherwise
Colliding like so many billiard balls after a break
Three high-pitched beeps rouse me from my reverie
Laundry awaits, zippers and buttons clang against the dryer's drum
Tumbling vertically in the heated air

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!