November 29, 2012

Bright and Shiny People

Mama Kat offered a prompt today that spoke to me:

Write a post, poem, or story that somehow incorporates the word: Sparkle

No Twilight Zone
Shadowy nights, an eerie glow
Pale complexions, white as snow
Adolescent love story, filled with angst
Ridiculous abs (they're wearing Spanx)
Kickin' butt, takin' names
Love so hot, there should be flames
Edward's sensuous, Jacob's kind

Vampires, werewolves? - blows my mind
American movie made lots of bucks
Midnight showings (these movies suck!)
Popcorn fantasy, Red Vines chewed
Impossible plot, the sex was lewd
Romantic trilogy brought to screen
Effects were special, talent lean
Say goodbye to willowy Bella - good riddance, as well, to her two fellas



Disclaimer: I attempted to read the first Twilight book when granddaughter Desiree had it at home. I can never get back the time I wasted when I read the first 200 pages. When the first movie came out on DVD, Desi brought the DVD to our house - the story was not improved on the big screen, IMHO.


How can it be a trilogy if there were FOUR movies? 

Must be the New Math.




3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA. As a big Twilight fan (and subsequent Sookie Stackhouse fan) I must tell you that it was indeed not a trilogy. There were four books and five movies. The second book you could probably skip entirely, but it doesn't sound promising that you will pick it up ever again. :) Definitely something that is not for everyone. It really spoke to the 13 year old girl that lives inside of me. That being said, the 13 year old girl is even glad it's over.

    If you love a good trilogy I recommend the Josephine Bonaparte books. The first book is called "The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B." All three books were quite fantastic.

    Again, this was hilarious. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your honesty is amusing. I don;t understand how such sucky work gets published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked this!!! Loved it! Though I will confess to falling in love with the books. It embarrasses me but there you have it. The movies, however, totally stunk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!