December 31, 2012

Ending the Year on a High Note

Father Time courtesy
of ell brown
Creative Commons
Another year comes to an end. We've grown older, and hopefully, wiser. 

I'm watching Seth and Russ today while Mom and Dad are at work. I expect to have a great day of hugs and sticky kisses. Seth will "Why?" me half to death, and Russ, who has an impish personality to go along with his grin, will likely run me ragged.

I'm sure I'll need a nap this evening.

This has been a good - but long - Christmas break for The Boy...and he doesn't go back to school until Thursday.

I'm already practicing singing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of Year" - he hates that song being associated with going back to his routine.

They say that whatever you do on the last day of the year is what you'll do in the coming year.

Sweet.

I look forward to the dawning of 2013; to hopes of good health, jobs for the grownups, lots of opportunities to spend time with and spoil the grandkids, and happiness about the new grandchild arriving sometime in April.

Though I haven't made any formal resolutions for the New Year, I am hoping to have more love, laughter, writing...and chocolate in my life.

Oh, and maybe I'll start taking better care of myself.

And for all of you, I wish only the best. May you achieve all of your goals and may all of your fondest desires (you know, the ones you hold inside your heart and don't dare speak aloud, because they're so fantastical) become your reality during 2013.

Much love and success...and chocolate,

4 comments:

  1. We get so busy taking care of others, we don't take care of ourselves. Time to start. You are right! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you. But, after reading about what you are doing the last day of the year being what the next year will bring. Yikes. Been spending lots of time with my mom in the surgery rehab center, and she has to go back to the hospital for them to put her hip back in since there was too much infection 2 weeks ago.

    Chocolate....yum......you can never have too much of that

    I want to write a childrens book. That is my goal for this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're in a for a great 2013 then!! Wishing you an uneventful year in terms of the Boy, a good job and lots of chocolate and good books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I wish all those wonderful things for you as well. You deserve a fabulous, blissful year(s) !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!