December 06, 2012

If I Only Had a Brain...

Mama Kat provides today's inspiration: 

Take a line from a song you love and turn it into the title of your next blog post. Let the content follow.

If I only had a brain,
would I have done anything different?
Rejected decisions, other options considered
Wisdom would be my right-hand man
Blinding success and untold riches
Tripping over rewards while I sashay through glory?
I'd need a larger vessel to hold my self-esteem
My head so big that hats would be custom-made
I'd need not make lemonade because my life would be lemonless
Would I be happier with accolades and a platinum life?
Guiltless parenting, bright and shiny children who constantly excel
A spouse with startling brilliance, adding to my glee

Here I am, living my flawed life 
Warts and all, challenges and charms
Luck and grit get me through
Still I'm blessed, despite my calamities
Fortunate, that...
I think not.


7 comments:

  1. Most days, I feel that this song is my "theme" song! Nicely done. I always enjoy your writing, regardless of the direction you take. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. It's fun to see where everyone goes with these writing prompts. I feel blessed for my flawed life as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, Kim!! LOVE your new profile photo! You really ARE beautiful...inside and out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'd need not make lemonade because my life would be lemonless." Love this phrase -- I may borrow it. What a shame it would be to have a lemonless life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A life that is lemonless has no zing!

    Brilliant … as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do the best we can with what we've got, but I'm willing to bet there are a lot of us who wish we had a brain to work with that would produce some better results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love the Scarecrow. And I posted just yesterday about lemons and lemonade. Looks like we might (still) be on the same wavelength? I'm black to blogging. I missed the likes of you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!