December 19, 2012

I'll Be So Excited and Proud to Say "I Knew Becky When..."

I love to write. And back in the dark recesses of my mind, I have a desire to write a book someday. It probably won't be a novel (I think I may have ADD; I get distracted and have no idea how to keep the plot going to completion). I'd be more likely to create a book of short stories, or maybe, if I'm feeling particularly artsy-fartsy, a book of poetry.

There's no way I'd ever have the courage to write a memoir, even though I spill my guts plenty here on my blog.

But I have a friend who has that courage. She's finished her manuscript, and it's on her editor's desk.

All she needs is a little bit of  $$ help to get it published through Amazon's CreateSpace.

My blogging friend, Becky Lewellen Povich, writes at beckypovich.blogspot.com (funny how the name matches, huh?). Becky's funny, quirky and extremely kind. When I went to my first writers' conference she was so welcoming to me. And she agreed to come and speak at one of our writers' group meetings and shared what she's learned on her journey to become an up-and-coming author. 

She has the writing "chops" to have her book be a bestseller (I know - she let me read a couple of chapters, and it's good stuff).

Becky has created a Kickstarter page to ask for funding to make her publishing dreams a reality.

Never heard of Kickstarter?

From their site:


Kickstarter is a funding platform for creative projects. Everything from films, games, and music to art, design, and technology. Kickstarter is full of ambitious, innovative, and imaginative projects that are brought to life through the direct support of others.
Since our launch on April 28, 2009, over $350 million has been pledged by more than 2.5 million people, funding more than 30,000 creative projects.
The best part of the Kickstarter program? If a funding goal is not reached by a deadline, your credit card will not be charged. It's a risk-free endeavor.
Won't you please join me to help Becky Povich reach her goal? She has all sorts of nifty gifties for folks who pledge - and the gifts just get better for each higher pledge level.
I know finances can be an issue, but don't fret. You can pledge as little as $5 to help Becky reach her goal of $2500. You can watch Becky's Kickstarter video and read about how the money will help her realize her dreams of being a published author.
Then you too can say "I Knew Becky When..."


4 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you Kim! YOU'RE the one who is "funny, quirky and extremely kind."!

    Thank you so much for the pledge from you and The Mister, AND for promoting my project here on your blog. You know I've very grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I'll be checking it out. I've heard good things about Kickstarter and the projects they fund. And anyone who actually gets around to actually writing a book gets my admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing writer. Like you, I write short. I call myself an "essayist." ADD? I'm not as random as you think I salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing writer. Like you, I write short. I call myself an "essayist." ADD? I'm not as random as you think I salad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!