February 20, 2013

I'm Walking on Sunshine - Oh No! Now I've Gone and Smashed It to Pieces!

Sioux, of Sioux's Page, has bestowed upon me The Sunshine Award. 




I met Sioux at a recent writers' workshop. She came up to me and said, "Is this the famous Kim?"

I was stunned. I figured she was either a reader of my blog or an insurance salesperson (you know how cloying they can be). I assured her that she must have meant "infamous" instead of famous, and I slowly backed away from her.

The woman is obviously delusional, as my name and any mention of a sunshiny demeanor are never uttered in a single sentence. For some reason, Sioux thinks that I deserve it. Maybe she wants to prevent me from spending mindless hours on Facebook games (try Solitaire Arena, it's addictive) by asking me to answer the following questions.

Rather cheeky of her, don't you think?

Favorite color: Brown. Just like the color of dirt or dung. And if I had gotten my way, I'd now be driving a pukishly green Kia Soul.

Favorite animal: Other than on my dinner plate, I don't care much for animals. Any love I would have had for domestic critters was squashed in my childhood. The minute I'd grow attached to any pet (as when I was smitten by Bambi, a hopelessly matted Pomeranian) and my mother would decide that the creature was too much trouble...and I'd come home from school one day and the pet would be gone. My mom would take them for a ride in the country and drop them off, assuming some kindhearted citizen would come to their aid. I'm sure my home county is littered with the bones of cats and dogs that my mom no longer wanted to bother with. Why she kept me and my brother is anyone's guess, because I was certainly more trouble than my four-legged friends.

Favorite number: 19. I became a mother at age 19. It's a prime number, and I've always had the mistaken impression that I am always in my prime. Who's delusional now?


Favorite drink: Coke Zero, at room temperature. I am addicted to the stuff, and I drink an obscene amount of it every day. I love the way it burns all the way down my gullet. And yes, I've heard how a can of Coke poured into a toilet will leave the porcelain sparkling clean in no time. What a waste of Coke. I figure my innards must be made of indestructible stuff, since I've not suffered any negative gastrointestinal maladies.

Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, obviously. I've done some tweeting from time to time, but I find more vicarious pleasure in the sometimes drama-filled Facebook posts from my emotionally crippled acquaintances. 

My passions: Since passion is not a word I use (or even think about on a regular basis), I had to look up the definition in the dictionary for this answer.

a : ardent affection : love
b : a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept
c : sexual desire
d : an object of desire or deep interest

I love my family, and I suppose you could say I am devoted to them, but I think you're more interested in hobbies, right? I like to write, read, and cook/bake. I used to enjoy camping, but the thought of pitching a tent and sleeping on the hard ground has become less desirable. I also have a passion for the avoidance of work (hence my neglecting to write this post for a week).

Giving or getting presents: I would rather give a present rather than receive one. I enjoy shopping for the grandkids - and I try to get them something they want/like. And if the toy is annoyingly noisy, it's at the top of the list, as long as I know they'll be taking it home with them.

DISCLAIMER: If The Mister is reading this, please disregard my answer. Continue your generosity (and if you need a hint, diamonds would do quite nicely).

Favorite day: Any day but Monday is good for me. The Boy is particularly vile on Monday mornings. Now that I think about it, Sunday nights aren't so great either. And any day I need to clean the kitchen floor is one I'd like to avoid. Never mind, they all suck.

Favorite flowers: Really? Flowers? Do I seem like someone who likes pretty things? I like tulips, those harbingers of Spring. They're right up there with unicorns, rainbows and glitter.

I'm supposed to pay it forward and bestow this award on other unsuspecting bloggers, but I won't. What I'd like instead is if each of you would answer one or more questions in the comments...I figure that will get me by on a technicality. You all deserve the award - it's yours...and yours...and yours. Stay sweet, all of you - now I have games to play.


You can read Sioux's responses here.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not really a flowers kind of gal (to the relief of my fiancé, who is allergic to, well, all of them), but I am fond of roses and of dandelions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the enlightenment. Yes, you ARE the famous and infamous Kim.

    (By the way, a little birdie told me you made it to the audition phase of "Listen to Your Mother." I'm a member of the OTHER 30--the unchosen 30. Congratulations. I am sure you will be chosen to perform your piece.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answers! usually (to be honest) the answers are kind of boring to these kinds of questions but you, as always, are interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!