March 30, 2013

It's Official-Looking Now...And the Nerves Kick In

The Listen To Your Mother: St. Louis cast list has been posted, and reality is setting in. 

Meet Me in St. Louie!

On May 11, (gulp) I'll be joining 12 other women and reading my story on stage, in front of family, friends, and total strangers.

Yikes!

We had the whole 'I'm a diva, I need a headshot' camera fuss at home this week - so I could send a pic for the site. The Mister and The Boy shot a few pics, then grew tired of me, saying I was too picky.

Like they wouldn't want the best possible picture of themselves. I didn't end up with the best picture, but I sent one in.

Like I spend any time at all taking care of my personal appearance.

Like, after viewing the pic, anyone would dispute my description of a lackadaisical personal grooming style.

We have a few rehearsals planned for April, so those of us who are nervous can feel more comfortable with being outside of our comfort zone. And when I refer to "those of us", I mean me.

I suppose I will also be having hair/wardrobe/OMG I have to wear shoes other than Crocs trauma in the near future. 

Despite my angst about being on public display, in all honesty, I can't wait to get to know the women I'll be sharing the stage with...we're a pretty diverse group. And though we may vary widely in age/education/life experience, we all have a lot to say - and can't wait to tell you all about it.

If you're in the St. Louis area, I'd love for you to come to the show. Here's a link for purchasing tickets.

Hope to see you at St. Luke’s Institute for Health Education (Emerson Auditorium), in Chesterfield!


4 comments:

  1. Kim--I know you will do a fabulous job. After the first laugh (if your piece is a humorous one) or the first sigh (if it's a sad piece), you'll lose your jitters and settle right in.

    I will be there. I've reserved a seat. Now I just have to remember to send in a check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will be amazing! Just picture everyone in their underwear. That helps my jitters. I'll be in the audience, too! Can't wait to sit back and enjoy the words of moms like (or not like) me! I'll be the one whistling at the end of your performance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Kim! I'm too far away to attend, but I'll send good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo. I knew that you could make it. You will be awesome

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!