March 09, 2013

Saturday Centus - 03/0913 - Sick and Tired

Each week, Jenny Matlock searches the dark recesses of her mind to come up with a writing prompt (appearing below, in bold text). She's a clever one, that Jenny! Maybe today, I'll outwit her within the 100 word limit!

Sick and Tired

All day long, I’d been sniffling and sneezing. Eyes red and my throat scratchy, I got more miserable by the hour. I was sure that a nap would help…but the loud cartoon music was keeping me awake.

I had asked nicely, but the sound that emanated from the speakers was still at an ear-splitting volume.

I had had enough.

“ IF YOU CAN’T TURN ID DOWN, PUT ON YOUR HEADPHONES! I HAVE A CODE, RED!



And my son complied. Finally, I could get some rest.

7 comments:

  1. Having a houseful of kids myself I can totally relate to this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever twist with the prompt! I got a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a true house story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, so true, so been there too! Great write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're sick! Hope you feel better soon. When my father-in-law was alive he would watch TV with the headphones at night to keep it quiet for us in the wee hours. It really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim! What a clever twist. I feel like you've told a story I've lived a few times myself.

    I hope you're feeling better!

    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was never my son I had to do that with--it was my ex husband! I also wished I could tell him to turn down the volume on his farts, but that's probably WTMI. For the record, it's not why we're divorced.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!