March 14, 2013

Up Front and Center...The Boy and I Will Both Hit the Stage

Photo courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons
Donna & Andrew
Color me excited and thrilled and happy! I have good news to report!

First, The Boy:

Friday and Saturday, The Boy will be on stage in the local high school production of Seussical the Musical.

He sings! He dances! He performs in the Circus McGurkus!

He's a proud tiger in the performance, and he's very excited to be on stage.

He's rehearsed his tail off for the past few weeks - and I've had to learn the ins and outs of removing stage makeup...I rarely wear makeup myself, so I had to make a quick trip to the store to purchase baby wipes, Vaseline and liquid eye makeup remover.

He'll go to school tomorrow looking a bit emo - there's still a trace of dark shadow around his eyelashes.

He's been (mostly) appropriate in his interactions with the other high school students. Since he's no longer enrolled at the school, there were many inquisitive students (and by 'inquisitive', I mean female) who wanted to know what school he attends.

He said it was none of their business. Cheeky, that Boy. 

He's been up past his bedtime and still functioning at school.

And now, all his hard work is going to pay off...LET THE SHOW GO ON!

And in other news...

I squealed with delight today when I read my email...I have been selected to be in the cast of Listen To Your Mother: St. Louis!

Listen To Your Mother is a series of readings that will be taking place in 24 cities across the US.



I had auditioned for the St. Louis show a few weeks ago, and found out that I made the final cut. I'll be taking the stage with 12 other local women - and we'll all read our stories about all things motherhood.

Tickets are now on sale (and are expected to sell out). The show is being held at St. Luke's Hospital's Emerson Auditorium in Chesterfield.

If you're in the area, there are two shows on May 11. You can click here for more info.

One-half of the ticket sale proceeds will go to support Connections to Success (CtS), a local charity that helps people break the cycle of poverty and move into the workforce.

I hope you'll come out and support this cause and enjoy listening to local women tell their stories about motherhood.


6 comments:

  1. Wooot!!!! Happy dancing round the living room floor. Congrats! Fabulous post! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both The Boy and to you,Kim! I'm especially thrilled for you that you and your story were selected! Break a leg and all that good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on both of your achievements.. So excited for him and for you.. I wish there was a listen to your mother thing coming through my area. I would so try out.. maybe lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim--I am coming to the morning show. I have plenty of heckling--enough for both you and Linda. ;)

    Congratulations to your son (tell him I am in awe; I did lots of behind-the-scenes stuff on high school plays and musicals, but never had enough courage to go onto the stage and perform). I am sure he will be a smashing success.

    Also, congrats to you (she said, with a tinge of envy ;). I am so excited that two people I know are the few...the proud...the muthas...It will be a wonderful event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well -- you're turning into a regular show biz family! Remember us little people when you make the leap to Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I wish I could be there to watch, but it's daughterling's prom night. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!