April 15, 2013

Overheard at Our Listen To Your Mother Rehearsal

Get a dozen or so moms together in an auditorium and what do you get?

A whole lot of respect and support, laughter and this:

Wordle: Overheard at Listen To Your Mother

No, I did not bring a recording device to the rehearsal. What I did was to find a lot of quotes about motherhood and let Wordle.net do its magic.

It seems that this motherhood love/guilt thing is pretty universal.

What is your favorite quote about motherhood?

I have a few from the many I perused:

Words to the wise - get rid of your guilt!

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. -Jill Churchill


Exactly how I feel - times two.
Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughter's mouth. -Victoria Secunda 

I'd like to think that The Boy could have written this one:


My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it. -Mark Twain


My story, courtesy of Wordle:

Wordle: Untitled

In case you didn't know, The Boy is featured in my story. But I can't give anything else away, other than to tell you that I'm thrilled and excited and nervous to read in front of everyone (who will all be in their underwear, right? Right?)


If you're in the St. Louis area on May 11, please consider coming to hear some amazing women share their tales of motherhood!

Don't delay - I'd hate for you to miss it! You can get your tickets here.

And one final quote that says it all:

And (cue music swell) motherhood turned out to be the most meaningful thing I've ever done with my life. Really. -Nia Vardalos 

4 comments:

  1. We love your story Kim and can't wait for you to share your wisdom with the audience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your story Kim and can't wait for you to share your wisdom with the audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guilt, it's a universal mommy theme. see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bought my tickets and can't wait to hear all the wonderful stories! Am looking forward to meeting both you and Linda, if you aren't being mobbed by tons of admiring fans!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!