May 02, 2013

What a Wonderful World This Would Be

Abraham Lincoln, our 16th President of these here United States, knew what he was talking about when he said, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Here's the proof that I'm NOT fooling all of the people..any time:



I copied this from my page - it's over on the sidebar. The red dots indicate readers. Isn't it cool each bit of red indicates that a busy human being took a moment out of their day to read my posts?

It appears I am certainly not fooling folks smackdab in the middle of our great land. It's not for lack of trying, let me tell you. It looks like a wall was erected to keep my subversive thoughts from sullying the innocents.

Texas hates me; Oklahoma and Kansas and Nebraska and whatever is north of that despise me, too.

Don't know much about geography...cue song sung by Art Garfunkel/James Taylor/Paul Simon.

You're singing it now, aren't you?

Okay, I caved and looked at a map with borders and names and such - it's those pesky Dakotas at the top. The one red square to the north of the wall is a reader in Canada. I have several Canadian readers.

Canadians like me - but then again, they're so gosh darn nice, they like everyone.

I did something that is sure to cause me to need years of intensive therapy, instead of continuing to look through my veil of ignorance: I clicked on the little map on the sidebar to get a closer look and saw that I am largely ignored in several states - including the state of my birth (PA), and a few where I've lived (KY and TN, for example).

Obviously, someone clued these no-shows in...and they talked. It's not so far-fetched In this global economy that has us interacting with people of all lands...someone told South America.

Ay, dios mio.

The whole of Central and South America has shunned me, four years of high school Spanish be damned. Don't even get me started on Africa, most of the continent of Europe, and Asia.

You could say I'm a continental failure...but you're too nice for that.

I need your help, people. Click the map on the sidebar. If any of you have friends or family or know of anybody in the areas I mentioned, I'd appreciate it if you could tell them to stop on by my blog. We can start a conversation (with me doing all of the talking). It'll be fun, y'all. We can hold virtual hands and get to know each other better.

Kum ba yah, yo.

Like James Taylor and Simon and Garfunkel sang, "What a wonderful world this would be."

Not to be all stalker-y, but what state do you read my blog from?
Disregard the fact that I ended that sentence with a preposition...it had to be done.

11 comments:

  1. Ummmm Kimmy I have consistently and constantly read every last word you have ever written... And darlin you know I am from Texas.... Cause you were here yesterday you should have read your blog while you were here though cause that would have been 2 readers in Texas then

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang I just wrote a long nice compliment and then it took me to the sign in screen.. .Now I got to think of all that nice muck again..... Ok short version.... I read all your writings.... Love the one on Daniel.. and The Mr.s misdeeds.... and if you had read your blog yesterday while you were in Texas that would have given you 2 readers from Texas.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lila, I do see two little flags in the northern region of Texas when I click on the map...and I appreciate it every time you show up.

      Even though Facebook thought I was in the city of Richardson, TX the other day, my blog is set up to NOT count the zillions of times I may look at my blog.

      Delete
  3. Kim--You have almost 300 followers. I don't even have 100. I have "follower envy." (Sob.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followers are great - readers are even better. My stats also indicate that most of those followers are not regular readers. And I'm okay with that. The comments I do get are lovely and supportive - so I know someone's reading this stuff, and for that, I am humbled and grateful. :)

      Blog popularity a lot like junior high - they love you at lunch on Wednesday, but have moved on to to the popular cheerleader by the time Friday's football game comes 'round.

      Delete
    2. Kim--You are sooo right. My readers--I could count 'em with one hand,, and still have a finger or two left. (I'll save my favorite finger as one of the "left-overs." You never know when it would come in handy...)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you, Kansas! I'm going to get a red Sharpie right now and put a red mark on the map...on my laptop screen.

      Delete
  5. I think a lot of African doesn't have Internet, if that helps. And I know neither of my blogs is viewable in China.

    I do love reading where readers come from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read you loud and clear from the edge of Missouri/Illinois border.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!