January 09, 2014

2014 - Endings, Possibilities, Challenges...Like Always

On Jan. 2, I lost my job...but all is not lost.

And we've had a foot of snow and bone-chilling temps...but it's warming up.

The Boy has had the longest Christmas break ever. And now that school is probably back in session after the lousy weather, he comes down with a cough and sore throat.

I fear he'll never go back to school.

I'm back to my job search. I got a bob and an interview outfit.





Friday morning, I have an interview. If I get the job, I won't be working from home anymore.

Maybe it's time I get out of the house and rejoin the rat race of long commutes and watercooler gossip.

A new year, new opportunities.

There are 137 million jobs in the US right now. I only need one of them.



Bring it, 2014. I'm ready.

2 comments:

  1. I heard through the grapevine Enterprise Leasing is/will be hiring. Long commute, but may be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim--I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Tell your interviewers you are a fierce writer and a nationally-known public speaker. (After all, people from all over the country watched the Listen to Your Mother performance.)

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!