January 29, 2014

Our Version of Brave New World is about to Begin!

So far, the month of January has been quite an adventure.

I lost my job and filed for unemployment.

The Boy got a part in the high school Spring musical. They're doing Shrek: The Musical, and he'll be one of the guards of Duloc. He may also get to do some puppeteering work during the production. He's pretty excited about that.

Since the job loss, I had two interviews for a new position. The Mister also had a phone interview for a job.

He and I are scheduled to start our new jobs next week!

Things are gonna change around here.

The Mister will be working out of state, and will come home for a weekend about once a month. He'll be sorely missed.

Let that sink in for moment. I will be in charge.

Scary, isn't it?

I will not be working from home. 

I'll have to get gussied up every day (my version of gussying up, that is), and talk to real people, as opposed to chatting with my imaginary friends.

Let that sink in for a moment. 

I get to rejoin the human race! I hope the harried commuters and huddled masses are ready for me.

What's more, The Boy will be in charge after school.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Talk about scary!

We're all getting cell phones, a sure sign that we're joining the 20th century of technology. They're not smartphones, making them unworthy of a 21st century designation.

We'll have an adjustment period to muddle through as the three of us start this new phase. 

I won't have The Mister around to do my bidding; I will have to do all the shopping and errand running, in addition to the daily hour commute I'll have to complete to get to and from the office.

And he won't be here to cook me dinner while I work, as he has for the past year.

Now that I think about it, The Mister is getting off easy...lucky duck.

I'll have to trust that The Boy will get on the school bus each morning (and not tell the driver he is sick, as he has done a couple of mornings while I lazed in bed). Also, he'll come home to an empty house (and his raging appetite). 

Please pray for the hinges on the refrigerator doors - I expect they'll be getting a workout.

Let's hope he and I can settle into a good routine, and that he earns some extra money by helping me out around the house...and doesn't eat us out of house and home.

Things are going to change around here...and I can't wait!


3 comments:

  1. Kim--I will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly.

    Also, check out my blog post from yesterday...You might be feelin' groovy after you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a new path, one you will wear ruts into and feel comfortable with, as soon as you navigate your way.

    Maybe reward the boy with a Subway sandwich in the fridge after school.

    I am happy for you, and I recognize how scary this must feel. You are strong and you will survive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are strong,,, you will champion all tasks,,, now that should ease all your worries,, lol,,but seriously, you have the ability... glenn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!