August 31, 2016

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop: Creating a Post (and Finding my Mojo) Through Shameless Host(ess) Promotion

This post is thanks to Mama Kat and her pretty much world famous Writer's Workshop. The prompt I selected:

Write a post where the first and last sentence contain any form of the word “find.”

I gotta FIND some new hobbies, or restart old ones. I've pretty much given up on blogging. This working from home full-time gig is great, but at the end of the workday, I want to do nothing more than waste time on Facebook, and coerce the Mister into spending craploads of money for items on Craigslist.

Hey, we bought a house - post-purchase conspicuous consumption is where it's at! And by 'post-purchase conspicuous consumption', I mean Missouri - that's where it's at.




And frankly, it's hard not to want to spend money when the flooring in one of your rooms is nothing but pennies.

Ninety THOUSAND pennies - a constant reminder that we'll never be broke, so why not buy [insert next bright and shiny object I desire that happens to cost less than $900].




Anyway, tonight, while wasting time on Facebook, Mama Kat had a post about Instagram and the Dixie Chicks...and before I knew what was happening to me, I fell into the rabbit hole that is MamaKatTV and LPS Days.

Mama Kat, how many zillions of dollars have you spent on Little Pet Shop (LPS) characters and their accessories?

They're cute and all, and I kinda wish one of the grandkids were into LPS so I could gaze upon all the amazing stuff (as long as the parents pay for it).

I'm lying. I would totally use a jackhammer to pull up the flooring to buy some LPS stuff for the little darlings.

Your videos are funny and engaging and IS HASBRO SPONSORING YOU?

I enjoy the vignettes and life lessons you deliver in your videos, and it makes me want to get all back into blogging and airing my family's quirks and dirty laundry on the internet again.

Don't even get me started on all the great tips Mama Kat has provided in her shopping excursions to her Dollar Store...I'm a big fan (now).

Thanks, Mama Kat. I think I've FOUND my inspiration. 






13 comments:

  1. How awesome is it for you to find a reason to be inspired. We all need that because sometimes it is hard to keep. I love Mamakat also. The prompts make my week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim--Okay, I'm intrigued by the penny floor, my granddaughter has a whole set of those LPS things that we used to play with, and although I was dubious about the vignettes (What cool thing can be done with little rubber creatures?) I watched it and was blown away. (The one cat is actually cracked. She must use it a lot!)

    Thanks for putting yet another monkey on my back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me, encouraging diversion at all times. :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Kym! It is so good to see you again! I am not working from home, but am working full time now. I join you in wanting to do nothing but fall into the abyss of F/B and other internet diversions when I get home! You haven't lost your comedic/with/a/dash/of/sarcasm demeanor. Love the pennies! Congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to be back. We both have to figure out how carve out time for blogging as well as the time sucker that is Facebook.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kim! Visiting from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. We picked the same topic this week. It's my first try. Love the penny floor! Too bad it wasn't quarters or silver dollars for that matter! Congrats on the new house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to check out your post!

      Delete
  5. The previous owner "penny-ed" the floor? Creative. Is that a good thing or bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the penny floor is one big reason we picked this house. The penny room is an addition, and we live in it. Our grandkids think we are rich...lol

      Delete
  6. Penny floor!! Mama Kat! Both inspirational in very different ways. Fund post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! Love seeing you back in the workshop!! YouTube is sort of what has inspired me to keep up with blogging when I started to get bored with it. We have to find our inspiration somewhere! And oh my gosh, those LPS videos...I WISH Hasbro was sponsoring me! Actually she's been collecting those little toys for about 5 years. I have no idea how she accumulated so much. I made a video about how annoyed I was about her collection and it blew up amongst the tween watchers on YouTube. I was like "well if this is what the people want to watch, give'em more!!" And now I'm just sort of stuck in the rabbit hole I created. So glad to see you back for an update!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!