3.) Write a list of 10 things that are sure to put a smile on your face when you are not happy.
4.) People would be surprised to learn that…
- I really am shy IRL. If I'm in a group of more than say, four - I am the one in the corner, furthest away from the action. I know I act all "my shit don't stink" on the blog, but that's mainly just smoke and mirrors.
- I actually hold back on revealing the really unpleasant stuff in my life (mostly in the past). Gee, don't ya all feel sorry for me now? I do consider the thoughts and feelings of family members who would read my posts from time to time, and don't intentionally try to hurt feelings or reveal secrets...except, that one time...never mind.
- I have received the very last unemployment check I may ever get. I am a "99er" - and I'm now applying for ANY JOB in my geographical area, no matter how low the pay...and I'm feeling a bit of resentment about that. It's a humbling event, trying to get an entry-level job at my age - and failing.
- I don't spend an inordinate amount of time writing a post. The words just sort of flow out of me (digital diarrhea, if you will). Ok, this is where I wait for you all to say, "No way, June, I thought you spent countless hours coming up with this witty stuff." Go ahead, I'll wait.
- My name is not really June Freaking Cleaver, though I think it has a nice ring to it.
- Although I do resort to hyperbole sometimes, I do tell true stuff on here. And yes, sometimes it is even more difficult a life than I portray. And I'm sure some mental health professionals would say that I use humor as a crutch and/or a shield - and they'd probably be right. But I also like to make people laugh.
- I realize, that for some people, I serve as the poster child for what not to do - and I'm okay with that.
- I tried the same job that Anne Hathaway had in the movie Valentine's Day - and it sucked, though I was successful at it (wish I had a nickel for everyone who is now searching for this information!).
- I've told far more than I intended - yet feel the need to share. Come over sometime, we'll have coffee and a piece of cake. We'll talk. Just don't all of you come at once, okay?